Simon Castle is a Service Manager at the Lyman Morse boatyard, and is one of the most driven individuals we know. He has been a patient of ours for over 25 years! One day, while visiting Seasons of Smiles Dental, he shared his desire for a straight smile with our team. So, Dr. Norman Medina started talking with Simon about his treatment options.
More about Simon
With a passion for boating and the outdoors, you can find Simon out on the water during the summers. When the weather cools off, he enjoys skiing with his wife and two boys. Because of Simon’s active lifestyle, we knew he needed a treatment option that would meet his unique and specific needs.
After a thorough examination, Simon and Dr. Medina decided on Invisalign® to achieve a dazzling, more beautiful smile. This innovative treatment straightens the teeth discreetly, using clear thermoplastic trays, rather than traditional metal braces.
When asked why he chose to pursue Invisalign treatment, Simon responded, “I finally decided to have my teeth straightened, as they were so crooked. The decision was easy once I saw the before and after images.”
Simon’s Invisalign Treatment
For Simon, Invisalign was the perfect option. His trays were easy to maintain, he didn’t have to give up eating his favorite foods, and he could continue his active lifestyle.
During his treatment, Simon visited our office every six weeks. This gave us a chance to assess his aligner trays and chart his progress. After months of wear and commitment, Simon finally had the smile of his dreams; his teeth were straight! Furthermore, his toothbrush and floss were able to reach areas that were previously difficult to clean, ensuring optimal oral health. Simon saw immediate benefits:
- His bite and chewing forces were more evenly distributed and more powerful.
- He could brush and floss much more easily.
- He reduced strain and stress on his jaw joints and facial muscles, further reducing his chance of developing TMD (temporomandibular joint disorder).
- His straight smile provided a more youthful appearance.
- His risk of tooth injury was reduced.
- He lowered his chance of developing neck pain and headaches, due to misaligned teeth.
- He greeted customers and co-workers with more confidence and assuredness.
Simon wore his Invisalign trays for about 22 hours a day, only taking them out to enjoy a meal or a snack. After he finished eating, he would either brush his teeth or rinse his mouth with tepid water, place his aligners back in his mouth, and resume his life. About every two weeks, Simon would switch out his current trays for a new set of aligners, which continued to shift his teeth into their desired positions.
Orthodontics for All Ages
At Seasons of Smiles, we provide comprehensive Invisalign treatments for teens and adults alike. In fact, you would be surprised how many of our Invisalign patients are adults. This orthodontic option is an excellent choice for so many reasons! For example, Invisalign trays are:
- Barely noticeable: Unless you point it out, no one will ever know you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Comfortable: Unlike traditional braces, there are no metal wires or brackets that can irritate the oral soft tissues. Additionally, each tray is custom-made for a sleek, smooth, comfortable fit.
- Safe: Invisalign trays are made from BPA-free thermoplastic materials.
- Removable: Your aligner trays can be removed, so there are no dietary restrictions! This also makes brushing and flossing a breeze.
Find Out More
If you are looking to straighten your teeth, we invite you to contact Seasons of Smiles. We would be happy to discuss adult orthodontic treatment with you. Connect with us online, or call us at (207) 236-4740 to begin your journey to a straight and sensational smile!