Brush up on Brushing
You brush your teeth so often you probably don’t give it much thought. Take a moment to review some basic information and maintain a healthy mouth.
- Choose your weapon – Select a brush with soft bristles that fits your mouth and is comfortable to hold.
- Perfect your technique – Hold your brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums. Use short strokes and an up-and-down motion.
- Add another rep – Brush two times a day is great, but three times is ideal.
- Watch the Clock. Or TV. – It’s best to spend two minutes a day. A favorite show can help pass the time.
- Surprise your mouth – Switch up your brushing pattern to keep from neglecting to brush the same areas.
- Keep it fresh – Replace your tooth brush every3 to 4 months.