Halitosis, more commonly known as bad breath can be a real stinky problem to have.
Quite often, we have patients asking us, if there is a solution to this problem. The American Dental Association recently sent this video link. I hope you find it as informative as I did.
Common causes are:
- Dry mouth
- Bacteria accumulation on the tongue
- Food particles left behind after eating
- Eating food and drink like garlic, coffee, alcohol
Best way to help prevent bad breath:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water
- Chew sugar-free gum or sugar-free mints to stimulate saliva
- Use a tongue scraper to remove bacteria from the tongue
- Brush and floss thoroughly after each meal
- Eating a healthy and nutritious diet
The ADA (American Dental Association) just informed us of this comical video with real solutions to get rid of bad breath! Taken from lifehacker.com dated 6/22/15.
Regular dental check-ups can help diagnose and treat bad breath that may be caused by a more serious problem such as dental decay or gum disease.
Call us today if you have any questions (207) 236-4740.